The Direct Democracy Forum (the DDF) will undertake the following:
- Privatise the SABC and convert it into a radio and television resource provider for hire.
- Develop and disseminate a quality Public Broadcast Service (PBS), using the SABC, for hire, that will enrich and enlighten the lives of all South Africans.
- Guarantee the independence of the PBS by affording them constitutional protection as a Chapter 9 institution, being a state institution supporting constitutional democracy.
- Privatise all government’s holdings in the ICT sector
- Underwrite all major viable private sector endeavours to modernise the ICT sector, including
- Nationwide broadband network.
- Nationwide 4g networks.
- mandate the above are provided on shared towers to avoid duplication of resources and costs.
- real price competition in land-line and cellular networks.
- digital high definition television services.
The DDF believe that ICT has long been the preserve of government and government supported vested interests and that the best interests of South Africa at large have not been the motivation driving the sector, and the DDF intend changing that situation.