SA Government Covid19 Portal: sacoronavirus.co.za
Have Your Say Who we are Check voter status Check ID Status Google+ Twitter Publications State Capture Report Help the DDF Change.org Petition
The DDF or DIRECT DEMOCRACY FORUM is a South African political party registered with the IEC (reference 936). The DDF has six main agendas that will ensure VOTER RELEVANCE, FAIR TAX, FAIR GOVERNMENT, SOCIAL JUSTICE & COMMERCIAL PARTICIPATION in the economy for all South African Citizens and a FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR WHICH BENEFITS THE ENTIRE ECONOMY (See DDF in a Nutshell, Have Your Say, FAQs, GOALS, Change.org Petition)
- Create an UPPER HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT or SENATE, populated directly from the streets, bypassing Party Political processes & structures in a process called Sortition
- ELECTORAL REFORMS to give voters more relevance in the country’s assemblies.
- Adopt TEAL (Total Economic Activity Levy) as the only source of state revenue, replacing all other taxes and levies.
- Initiate a Basic Income Grant (BIG/UBI) and Advancement Grant (AG) for ALL ADULT SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS
- Create a Sovereign Wealth Fund to invest in SA and the world at large and in which every adult South African Citizen has an equal share (SWF)
- Reform the present Money and Banking system so as to benefit the entire economy. (M&B)
These six agendas will 1) restore politics to the people, 2) tax all participants in SA’s economy fairly and equitably, 3) invest in the demand side of the economy by engaging all adult South African citizens in the demand side economy, 4) ensure that every adult South African has a stake in the economy and 5) Ensure that S.A.’s economy as a whole benefits from the activities of the financial services sector.
The direct effect this will have on poverty is less important than the effect on wealth creation opportunities for all sectors of the economy but particularly for those who will not previously have had such opportunities, both in the formal and informal sectors, this coming from expanded economic activity.